Because of insufficient here we are at outdoor shopping along with other may be, many people all over the world prefer internet shopping and also carry their financial transactions online. Some offers special discounts on purchases and possess wide array of products to pick from. Hence, they attract many customers. Effortlessly such advantages, there are some security issues connected with such E-commerce websites. Few situations are mentioned below which are to be considered while developing a secure E-Commerce website.
1. Securing Data: Each time a user completes a questionnaire on-line and submits it, most of the websites transfer these details like a plain text format. Meaning all page contents, images, form data; etc is transferred being a plain text which is easily readable by humans. Whenever any sensitive details are being transferred, always employ HTTPS (Hyper text transfer protocol secure). This will help to transfer data in a better way.
2. Securing Payments: Only use a payment gateway for any kind of online transactions. Store sensitive customer payment details securely on the payment gateway account instead of on your website.
3. SSL Certificates: They are called Secure Sockets Layer certificates. A web service provider provides this certificate also it charges annually generally. Once it is attached to a website, it encrypts all data on the web page. The URL of website pages where this certificate is installed begin with https:// as well as an additional symbol of a secured website such as a closed padlock icon is seen. Information transferred is encrypted and is observed in human un-readable format and send to the web server. This information may be decrypted (decoded) limited to the two ends, you are your computer along with other will be the server.
4. User Input: You should validate all user inputs to avoid common hacker attacks including SQL injection and XSS (Cross site scripting).
5. Passwords: Do not allow users to penetrate short passwords (with less characters) while user registers on website or even in some other scenario where password is entered. Allow it to be mandatory to make password that is a combination of alphanumeric characters and also special characters. If at all possible, ensure it is mandatory for users to change their passwords following a certain period of time.
6. Securing Firewall on Web Server: When a E-Commerce website is hosted on the server, it will become required to configure firewall to safeguard it from outside traffic. Firewall is a network device accustomed to block a certain kind on network traffic, forming a barrier between trusted and un-trusted network. Firewalls can block traffic based on IP addresses, port number and incoming emails. An adequately configured firewall allows only good traffic which is allowed.
Security is most critical aspect which is considered while developing an E-Commerce website and it should never be compromised. A few points mentioned previously doesn’t just help users to stay secure online but the website itself will probably be secured. A customer will visit a website and carry transactions and get products about it only if it’s secure.